Hugo Nomination Season is Upon Us
Hugo nominations are now open to all members of the World Science Fiction Convention. If there are works or people you'd like to see appear on the ballot, you have from now until March 14th to cast it. If you're not attending WorldCon but want to nominate things and vote, a voting membership can be purchased here for $50, but you need to do that by January 31st. Full details are here.
Here's a short list of the things I did in 2013 which are eligible for nomination:
- Extraordinary Zoology (novella)
- Fall of the Runewrought (novella, available in Space Eldritch II: The Haunted Stars)
- Heartfire (novelette, available in Called to Battle)
- Writing Excuses: Season 8 ("related work," not fancast. Weird, I know.)
No, Schlock Mercenary isn't eligible this year. There's a little-known clause that says after works in a series have been nominated five years running HAH! -- No there's no such clause. Broken Wind didn't finish in 2013. It'll be eligible in 2014.
You may be looking for other graphic stories to nominate (you should be looking for those ANYWAY since you can nominate up to five entries in each category) so here are some eligible titles for your consideration:
- Spacetrawler, by Christopher Baldwin
- Skullkickers: Eighty Eyes on an Evil Island, by Jim Zub, Edwin Huang, and Misty Coats
- Table Titans: First Encounters, by Scott Kurtz
- The Case of the Forked Road, by John Allison
- Girl Genius, Vol 13, by Phil & Kaja Foglio and Cheyenne Wright
Of course, by "consideration" I mean "you should read these!" Nominating them is fine, assuming you've read them and find them worthy of that slot on your ballot, but if there's one thing the creative professional craves more than a ballot slot it's an audience.
Thank you, incidentally, for being a part of mine.blog comments powered by Disqus