The Schlock Mercenary archives are deep. This handy page breaks them down by book, and provides teasers for each. Looking for a good starting point? If you don't want to go back to the very beginning, scroll on down to Book 10: The Longshoreman of the Apocalypse!
This is the first 507 days of Schlock Mercenary. Meet Schlock when he enlists, meet Breya when she buys the company he enlisted with, and meet Captain Tagon, who doesn't want to take orders from a woman. This 240-page collection of strips is in print, and you can buy it here.
- Meet The Mercenaries
- Diplomatic Pouch of Doom
- Mini-Adventure Number One
- Everybody's Gotta Eat
- The Shopping Trip
- Bureaucracy Bountiful
- Bombs Ahoy
- Bounty Hunting
- Interlude: Interrogation
- Big Haunted Battleship
- Battle for the Wormgate
- Union Blues
- Interrogation Interruption
- Equivocated Prevarication
- Magic Dream-Land
- Schlocktoberfest 2001
You've met the mercenaries. You've seen them kill or be killed. You've seen them kill AND be killed. Now see them recover lost body parts, fight in the biggest war on record, and create an entire demographic of clones. This positively ginormous assemblage of 493 strips, the second (and demonstrably better) half of the first 1000 in the archives fills 228 pages of book.
- Quest for Second Sight
- The Teraport Wars
- Petey Promoted
- Post Post-Dated Check Loan
Captain Tagon, Sergeant Schlock, and the rest of "Tagon's Toughs" have been dragooned into hunting down an old friend. The trick isn't finding her. The trick is surviving long enough to get paid.
- Part I: The REALLY Clever Monkeys
- Part II: Tonight's Top Story
- Part III: Board of Accidental Tourism
- Part IV: Under New Management
Tagon and company finally track down Admiral Breya. Explosions explode, treachery treaches, and the gorillas get naked.
- Part I: Needle in a Haystack
- Part II: Breya in the Zoojack
- Part III: Trouble in the Outjack
- Part IV: A Little First Contact
- Part V: Backstabbing on the Fast Track
- Epilogue: Taking a Crack at Payback
Captain Tagon, Admiral Breya, and their little fleet go hunting for work and spare parts... but not adventure. No, that was NOT what they were looking for.
- Part I: Hand to Mouth
- Part II: A Hand of Acey's (CSI Parody)
- Part III: Handle With Care
- Part IV: Hand it Over
- Part V: Many Hands Make Light Work
Tagon and company take a vacation, take a new job, and make some powerful new enemies. And then they discover that the galaxy may just need saving....
- Part I: Primate Principio
- Part II: Schlocktoberfest 2004
- Part III: Life's a Beach
- Part IV: Old Habits Die Hard
- Part V: Instant Replay
The Toughs get a new ride, an old vacation, and a chance to be on TV. Meanwhile, in the galactic core...
- Part I: Big Schlock, Little Schlock, What Begins With Schlock?
- Part II: Schlocktoberfest 2005
- Part III: Return to the Tub of Happiness
- Part IV: Touch and Go
- Part V: Glamour Assault
- Part VI: Long Arm of the Law
Somehow Kevyn, Elf, Schlock, Brad, Nick, and Pronto have gotten themselves into primitive circumstances. Maybe things will get better if they make them worse first.
- Part I: Jeopardy
- Part II: Schlocktoberfest 2006
- Part III: Out of the Frying Pan...
- Part IV: Do You Mind if I Rewind?
- Part V: Dropping The Other Shoe
- Part VI: ...And Into The Fire
How much money do you need in order to swallow your pride (and sanity) and rescue a mortal enemy? How many times can you get paid for stealing the same corpse? How many of those payments will you actually remember to collect?
- Part I: King for a Day
- Part II: Royal Flush
- Part III: Schlocktober Fest 2007
- Part IV: We Kept the Party Hats
- Part V: Collecting
- Part VI: Thanks for the Memories
New memories, new recruits, and a new contract. Welcome to Credomar, where things look like they can't possibly be made any worse.
The print edition is 160 pages thick, and includes the bonus story "Schlocktroops" by Jim Zub, illustrated by Ben McSweeney, and colored by Travis Walton. Wondering what a reboot of the Schlock Mercenary TV show looks like? Wonder no more!
- Prologue: Drydock
- Part I: Wet Feet
- Part II: Enter the Longshoreman
- Part III: Schlocktoberfest 2008 - A Wrinkle in Time
- Part IV: Fuller's Soap
- Part V: The Longshoreman's Apocalypse
Our merry band splits into four commands to raise money for repairs. They are going to get interrupted.
The Massively Parallel print edition is itself massive, at 256 pages thick. It includes the bonus story "Parallel Perspectives" by Howard Tayler, illustrated by Brenda Hickey, KelianaTayler, and Travis Walton.
- Prologue: Meanwhile, at the Galactic Core
- Part I: High Olympus Command
- Part II: Barsoom Circus Command
- Part III: Credomar Command
- Part IV: Mallcop Command
- Part V: Command and Conquer
Hand-delivery of a wedding invitation drops Schlock, Bunni, Para, Legs, and Tailor into the middle of a drug war. They didn't start it, but they just might end it.
The Toughs take a job helping Gavcorps secure an artifact the size of a planet, and learn a thing or two about identity management in the process.
No ship, no job, and no prospects. But somebody did just pop a sapient balloon. Let's find out what's inside...
Hey, here's an idea. Let's take a job back in Sol System, one of the few places in the galaxy where they know our names and want to arrest us.
Cans full of sky, balloons full of star, and rogue artificial planets full of death: They're not dumb, but poking them to see how they work just might be.